What Makes Us Tick
To create High-Performance organizations that enrich human life and achieve extraordinary business results
To build thriving organizations by uplifting employees through growth in development, improved communication, knowledge, skills and challenging work. Increasing employee engagement, processes and powerful structuring of organizations through High-Performance leadership.
We identified values that reflect our uniqueness. While guiding our decisions, they truly describe what matters most to us. We will continue to test their relevance and learn from their application.
- Demonstrating Integrity: We put integrity before any other value as the foundation for trust. Our credibility is based on our integrity and expertise.
- Achieving Valued Results: We advise organizations in ways that produce the results that matter.
- Deepening Communications: finding your voice: what we do requires developing genuine and risky communications, particularly when combined with our value of integrity. When this kind of communication happens, then others speak up. When others speak up, new ideas are generated, processes are improved, and conflicts get resolved.
- Brightening Others’ Days: Approaching Life Optimistically: we have an unending belief that organizations can improve, people can learn and achieve satisfaction at work. We smile, laugh and enjoy what we do because we make a difference.
- Seeing Opportunities: Focusing on, and leveraging opportunities: we teach and encourage people to see differently. We know what once they see new ways, they focus more clearly, and as a result, they gain from leveraging those opportunities. They find the voids and fill them.
- Challenging Our Beliefs and Assumptions: To be effective, we challenge both the beliefs held by organizations and our own beliefs. We question our assumptions, and where we exhibit resistance to new ideas, we believe this is an opportunity to learn. This permits us to stretch our thoughts and ultimately to improve our own performance.
- Applying Appreciative Inquiry: What Is Your Dream?: we learn from studying how organizations are effective, each in its own ways. Staffs are uplifted when approached from this positive perspective. It is more than a method; it is the way we have come to understand organizations and the conditions under which learning occurs.
- Causing Accountability: We believe that accountability is instilled in us by our childhood experiences and is demonstrated by committing to improve the performance of organizations, volunteering to support our community, embracing non-profit organizations, and working to sustain what is best in our environment.
- Integrating Others’ Contributions: We learn from our own experiences. We learn from others. Improvements come from everywhere at any time so it is important for us to pay attention, to listen, to apply, and then give credit where it belongs.
- Weaving Fun Into What We Do: to ensure the benefits from these values, fun drives the engine of accomplishment. It provides the energy to persist toward achievements and to sustain them.
Robert is a powerful and highly effective business coach. I worked with Robert to clarify my goals, next steps, and to break through the barriers preventing me from taking decisive action. With Robert’s help, I was able to identify a career path that would truly satisfy me and quickly secured my dream job with my dream company. Robert is both a rigorous and compassionate coach who only has the best interests of his clients. I’ve also participated in his webinars and programs which are designed to develop participants to become better leaders who build High-Performing Teams. I recommend Robert without hesitation.
Robert is a very strong business coach who I am happy to say has helped me in many ways over the years. Since 2007 when Robert first acted as my business coach, my decisions and results have improved dramatically. Robert is as insightful as he is caring, and as smart and capable as he is resourceful.
Whatever the problem is, Robert can help solve it. Whatever direction is needed, Robert can lead you to it. Robert is a great communicator and facilitator. It is rare to find someone like Robert, and I am very grateful for all he has done for me.
Robert led a workshop this morning on high-level executive leadership for one of our Business Round tables. The program was engaging and highly interactive. Everyone participated. An attendee said it was one of our best programs ever and how soon could Robert come back? Great job! Thank you!
I highly recommend Robert if you’re putting together a program to engage senior level executives and help your team achieve the next level of success
I engaged Robert Grossman, owner of Black Diamond Leadership to help me with a speech I gave at a charity gala. I never enjoyed speaking publicly and I was really nervous about this speech. Robert worked with me to understand my fears, where they were coming from and gave me some tools to relax and deliver one of the best presentations in my life. Robert is understanding and kind, but very rigorous. He would not let me off the hook and he made me feel comfortable and I completely trusted Robert throughout the entire process. I highly recommend Robert as a business coach if you want to improve your business, learn to be a better leader and of course, own the stage during a presentation.
Robert is a thoughtful person with insights and support that come from the heart. At the same time he is not hesitant to tell you what you may not want to hear but NEED to know. He has demonstrated to me his high degree of ethics and integrity.
Robert provided an engaging seminar on Developing a Culture of High Performance for our senior management team. The team learned quite a bit in just a few days and we are now “speaking the same language” when it comes to accountability for our individual and team efforts. I am certain that any team will improve using Robert’s methods. We have definitely increased our efficiency post-Roberts seminar and we are eager to learn more. When you invest in your team, they are vested in you
Robert’s enthusiasm for his work and for his clients’ satisfaction is outstanding. He is strategic, always thinking, and focused on delivering best-of-class service.
Robert works to assist high-performing leaders in reaching their full potential by enabling them to see the possibilities that they had overlooked and most importantly holding them accountable. He works individually and with leader groups through CEO peer groups to accomplish breakthrough results with his clients.
Robert and his team are true collaborators, who worked with me to find out what my organization really needed to get done — what our objectives were — and helped us focus on how we could get the best results, and how his team could help us to get there
Initially, I imagined that the role you would play for Deloitte would be to allow us to produce the best annual partner retreats we could. What I didn’t imagine were all of the other contributions that you personally made. You became an integral part of our team and always helped us focus on the outcomes we hoped to achieve with each partner retreat.
Robert is amazing and hiring him to help me with my fledgling law firm was the best decision. He has made my business grow and gave me the confidence to rebrand my business in a way that produced immediate results. He is an amazing resource and knows what he is doing!
Robert was truly instrumental in helping me get to the next level in my career. His coaching style is both pragmatic and proactive which worked very well for me. I have an extremely busy schedule as I’m sure many of his clients do and Robert was great about keeping me on track and working toward my goals while at the same time not making me feel like I was failing if I missed a milestone. I felt like he was truly engaged and really honed in on solution-building specific to my goals including helping me understand my goals when I had lost my vision and direction a bit. I hope to work with Robert again in the future and would certainly recommend his coaching.
I started working with Robert and his coaching and strategies have really helped me see things outside the box which has been extremely helpful in helping my business grow and hit the results I want. I strongly recommend using Robert at your business coach too.
I hired Robert to help me figure out the best possible outcome for a difficult situation with a client. I thought for sure the client relationship was going downhill and I was going to lose the account. He helped me get a clearer perspective and consequently see options I could not see on my own.
Robert helped me devise a plan that allowed me to communicate my terms and conditions without being adversarial. I saved the client relationship and it is actually stronger now that we worked through a difficult patch together.
I’m sure I would not have been able to achieve the same results if I had not solicited Robert’s coaching.
I had the pleasure to attend a presentation by Robert on Friday, June 7, 2019. His presentation was engaging, stimulating and entertaining. He is in command of the information and produced a presentation that allowed the attendees to interact and to walk away with information that can be used in everyday applications. In this day and age where communication is so important and so easily misunderstood, it was great to take a minute to see how we can communicate, listen and understand better. I would strongly recommend using Robert and Black Diamond Leadership. Our group has already decided to have him back for a second round.
I met Robert about ten years ago. Robert was instrumental in me “thinking out of the box” and beginning my recruiting and sales training firm. He is incredibly creative and provided many insightful ideas. I have been thoroughly impressed with the drive he has gone after building his own consulting business and how well he has done. His customers seem to be very satisfied with his ideas, guidance, and resourcefulness. I would highly recommend Robert.
I engaged Robert to guide me as I took my business in a different direction. Robert provided a blend of coaching and leadership development which played an important role in my professional growth. Robert provided an empathetic ear and challenged me in ways that will have a lasting impact. I highly recommend Robert and Black Diamond Leadership!
President, Executive Coach, Speaker and Group Faciliator
Executive Coach, Process Improvement Expert
He has been recognized for his ability to effectively integrate all aspects of the business including financial management, information systems, infrastructure, and operations.